Student: San Francisco Art Institute
Director, Editor, Cinematographer, Musical Arrangement & Sound Effect
Rachael Portman-Original Music Composer
Daly City, CA
A film about visual symphony composed with mid-night light in bay area.
This is a film about visual symphony I composed with mid-night light in bay area. What I've been interested in is light itself as subjet matter rather than just illumination since I witnessed it from some structural films.
I think of a film as a "light or colored continum" which is presented for a certain length of time. As with a painting, this image must submit to the subjective projection of the viewer and undergo physically a certain modification owing to basically continuous changes of light.
I tried to visually paint on the film with colored rhythm as unique identity.
- MFA in Filmmaking, San Francisco Art Institute, May, 2004
- Earned Post Bacculraureate certificate in Filmmakin, San Francisco Art Institute-January 2002
- Earned certificat in TV and Radio Directing, Seogang University, August 1999
- B.A. in Genetic Engineering, Korea University, February 1996 recognized as one of top private schools in South Korea.
- EXTIMACY, video 1999
- MASS FOR EXISTIEREN, hand-made film, sound, 2002
- A MOSAIC, color film, silent, 2002
- STIMULUS, B&W, sound 2003
- FREE SPECTRA, color film, sound, May 2003
- TRILOGY #1 "FREEDOM", film installation, Dec. 2003